Newbie ssh-agent/gnome config question...

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sat Aug 5 17:20:51 UTC 2006

Hi.

I've been using Gnome as my default desktop for about a year now,
but setting it up is a lot more complicated than plain-jane X with the
.xinitrc file, etc.

For instance, if I want to start ssh-agent that seems to be done for me
by Gnome already... but I can't figure which start-up script I should
put ssh-add into to load up my private keys...

Also, how can I add the root password into my keychain at start-up
(once) so I can do machine administration without being prompted
later for the root password?

And if I wanted to startup xload, etc. those used to go into .xinitrc
(as above), but Gnome does things differently.  Is there a summary of
what files to use for customization?

Thanks,

-Philip