how-do-I? easy web posting of audio files

Peter Horst phorst at speakeasy.net
Sat Aug 5 17:36:46 UTC 2006

OK, this is more of a how-do-I question, if you feel like fielding one
today - a (Windows-only) brother of mine is always sending around photos
& mp3's via email, so i put him up a little blog & a Gallery
(http://gallery.menalto.com/) on my FC-5 server - which means he can
easily post thoughts and pictures, since both of those technologies
include web front-ends that allow for easy uploading (i.e. he doesn't
have to know anything about what's going on on the server, which is
good, 'cause he doesn't).

My question is, is there a comparable technology for posting other sorts
of binaries, like audio files?  I'm not crazy about embedded Flash
solutions, as I want visitors to be able to download what he has posted,
rather than just listen to it.  Is there a good answer?  Is he just
going to have to learn how to use WinSCP and start posting links?  I
understand that's not so hard, but I'm looking to keep it as simple as
possible.

Thanks, y'all.