C Programming Language Mailing Lists

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Aug 6 01:36:19 UTC 2006

On Saturday 05 August 2006 13:02, Les Mikesell wrote:

>> > There isn't a Fedora specific C programming list. The most popular
>> > list for C is actually the comp.lang.c newsgroup.  It's available as
>> > a mail feed from many sites or you can read it using Google groups[1]
>> > etc.  It's best to read their FAQ[2] before posting a question.
>>
>> I'd recommend alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ over c.l.c
>
>It's been years since I read comp.lang.c.  Do they still
>answer every question with 'That's not a C question, it's
>a <your_OS_question>' there unless it is somethng like:
>Why must 2["abc"] be the same as "abc"[2]?

I'm with you on this one Mike, that list is full of holier than thou types
that spend 100x the time preaching (translation: Ripping him a new anus)
to some poor newbie that had the adacity to ask what I considered to be a
perfectly rational question than they actually spend doing any question
resolution.

It also appears they hate ansi-C with a passion, only blessing the M$
methodology even when I know its broken, often by scope related problems
the last time I looked, but I'll have to admit the last time was several,
years, as in nearly a decade, back up the log.  I asked a question too,
was told to buzz off.  I lurked for a week hoping to detect some sanity,
didn't, and I did burn several bridges as I unsubscribed.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: