S3 Wake Fails With FC5 2.6.17 Kernels

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather3.admin.niu.edu
Sun Aug 6 17:44:20 UTC 2006

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006, Garry T. Williams wrote:

> S3 wake-up fails on all FC5 2.6.17 kernels on my laptop.
>
> Laptop is a Sony VAIO FS-640/W.

The sleep error has been reported and is widely known. It was fixed in
kernel.org release 2.6.17.7. Fedora kernel developers are waiting for
2.6.17.8 to be released, reportedly "very soon"...because 2.6.17 has bad
memory leaks in addition to numerous bugs that will be fixed in 2.6.17.8.
I am restless myself for this new kernel, but I'm just gonna have to
patiently wait...