epson pm-a850 on usb success, anyone?

Joel Rees joel_rees at sannet.ne.jp
Mon Aug 7 06:52:16 UTC 2006

Okay,

> Funny thing, on FC3 I never could get the built-in scanner to work
> reliably. On FC5, it works pretty well. But, while printing worked
> pretty well on FC3, I can't get it to do much besides feed paper on FC5.
>
> I have a vague memory that, before I updated the system the first time,
> I got a good test page of print.
>
> Any clues anyone?

I tried setting up queues for both the PM-850PT and the PM-970C drivers.

Neither one by itself will print. With both queues set up, the queue
with the PM-850PT driver prints reasonably well, but it has trouble
finishing a page. Doesn't seem to understand how to form-feed.

I guess I should dig around in Bugzilla and file a bug if there isn't
one, if I can find time.