ide-scsi problems

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Tue Aug 8 12:52:50 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 17:30 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> James Pifer wrote:
> >> When you remove the ide-scsi option, the link should get changed so
> >> that /dev/cdrom is a symlink to /dev/hdc, so you should not need to
> >> change the settings in Webmin.
> >>

> > Think we're a little off on this one. Webmin only works if I have the
> > ide-scsi option included. Without it webmin uses 'cdrecord
> > dev=1,0,0 ...' which only appears to work if I have ide-scsi in.
> >
> > Don't really see where to modify it in webmin.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > James
> >
> Ok - I did some playing with webmin. You want Hardware --> CD Burner
> --> Device Options. You can change the Burner device as well as the
> Write speed.

Yeah, you have to set the device options before you can even burn the
first time, IIRC. But the problem is webmin calls cdrecord with
dev=1,0,0 not dev=/dev/hdc. Unless you are talking about using the
optional parameters field, selecting the drive from the drop down does
not change how cdrecord is being called.

If you are talking about adding that to the parameters line, then that
might work.

Thanks,
James