firefox-1.5.0.4 (still)

John Wendel john.wendel at metnet.navy.mil
Tue Aug 8 21:13:48 UTC 2006

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 09:38:10AM -0700, John Wendel wrote:
>> Download the tar file, untar it in your home directory, point a
>> launcher at the new version, be happy! If only the rest of life was so
>> easy.
>
> Wow! That's a great solution. Y'know, Fedora should stop producing security updates
> at all, and we can all just download upstream versions of fixes ourselves.
>
> Actually, why start with Fedora when there's Linux from Scratch? Cut out
> that pesky first step of using someone else's distribution patches in the
> first place.

You forgot the <sarcasm> tag, so I assume that you are agreeing with me.

Actually, I run the latest upstream versions of all the apps that I
use daily. It really isn't too hard to keep up with. And I understand
that this activity isn't what most people want to do with their time.

The Fedora developers do a great job with RHEL. I also have a lot of
respect for the LFS group.

Now I'll shut you and get back to updating my Kubuntu box.

Regards,

John