FC5 Laserjet 5L share to Windows XP ?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 9 17:22:08 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 12:44 -0400, Jack Gates wrote:
> I have the Laserjet 5L locally connected to a FC5 box.
>
> My wife insists on using Windows XP Home.  Now she wants to use my
> printer.

When I wanted to get a Windows 2000 box printing to a Fedora box, I had
a lot of trouble getting it to print through SMB.  I got it working at
some stage, though never managed to repeat the trick when I replace the
printer.

What I found much easier to do was to access the printer through HTTP,
using the CUPS webpage address to the printer, with the local Windows
2000 driver for that model of printer.

I read messages from the public lists.