Fedora Core 5 Installation

dc dc at infosem.net
Thu Aug 10 13:15:24 UTC 2006

If you want to use Grub as the boot loader for dual booting .. u can try this...
boot with the 1st cd of fedora5
then type linux rescue
when u get the shell prompt type chroot /mnt/sysimage
then cat the /etc/grub.conf file to check if you have both the entriees of fedora and windows
if grub.conf is OK
then issue the command grub-install /dev/hda

---------Sample grub.conf--------
default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.18-14)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.18-14 ro root=LABEL=/
        initrd /initrd-2.4.18-14.imgtitle DOS
rootnoverify (hd0,0)