bonobo-activation-server hangs occasionally in FC5...

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 15:24:19 UTC 2006

Has anybody else seen this?  Every once in a while, I'll click the
"Email" icon, the load shoots up to 1 and nothing happens.  If I kill
the instance of bonobo-activation-server that is sitting at the top of
my "top" list, Evolution pops up.  I have also seen this when trying
to start a new shell window.

There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to this.  It just
happens occasionally, although, I have seen it happen more regularly
when the processor is under a high load.  (which makes things tough,
when the reason I wanted to open a new shell window was to kill off
the process that was hogging the CPU :-)

--wpd