[Fedora] Re: Adding X to existing installation

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Aug 10 18:03:37 UTC 2006

Matthew Miller wrote:
> You'll probably want the latest (security-patched) versions of everything,
> not the DVD ones (so long ago!) so downloading from the net is still my
> recommendation.

    That's why I said, I also have all of the updates for FC5 already
downloaded on that NFS.  I maintain some 15 servers and having each one
download updates every time is a waste of time, so I keep a local copy
of both the source CDs as well as all the updates, then run updates on
each machine that way.  But, I use rpm for all that stuff, never yum.
This'll be a fun experience I'm sure...

    Thanks for the yum repo pointer.

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.