[Fedora] Re: Adding X to existing installation

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Aug 10 20:43:38 UTC 2006

Matthew Miller wrote:
> or if you prefer (and since you specifically say KDE, I assume you do)
>
>  yum groupinstall "KDE (K Desktop Environment)"

    Okay, so this worked like a charm.  It installed 131 packages, all
related to KDE...except X itself.  I was somewhat expecting it to tag 'X
Window System' for installation as well but it didn't.  So, now I'm
doing a groupinstall on that...  I wonder why installing KDE it didn't
also install X, or was it assuming that I just wanted KDE's
functionality without actually needing X installed? (so to use it remotely?)

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.