Frontpage server extensions... FC5

Mike Cisar mlists at starmania.net
Thu Aug 10 22:03:00 UTC 2006

> > Just wondering if anyone has been able to get the MS Frontpage server
> > extensions to install/compile under FC5 with Apache 2.2.2 ?
> > As much as Frontpage has it's idiosyncrasies we have users that still
> > need it.

> I haven't done this in some time. Is the problem with compile or
> getting it to work? IIRC, a fp file is created in /var/log that has to
> be permissioned to 755. Have you searched the list archives?

It's a problem with the compile itself.  Have it working on a number of FC4
servers with Apache 2.0.x no problem.  The problem seems to start by
apr_compat.h and apu_compat.h being missing from FC5, which from what I've
been able to gather those compatibilities were deprecated somewhere between
Apache 2.0.x and 2.2.x

I tried cheating by copying those files in from my FC4 install on the slim
hope that would work a miracle... but that just makes many more errors come
up in the compile which are well above my C abilities to figure out.

And of course now that the extension have officially been discontinued by
Microsoft, any official support that RTR used to provide is now gone
completely, including their knowledgebase and such.  Though I think I
managed to get the most recent version shortly before they shut their
services down.

Cheers,