help - can't make radeon driver work

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Fri Aug 11 12:01:41 UTC 2006

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> I think I'll try a cheap nvidia card and see if it "just works".

And just to complete the tale ... that's what I did, the el-cheapo
GeForce FX 5200 "just works" with both the open-source nv and
closed-source nvidia drivers. Finally I can play torcs :-)

I sure am happy to see Intel open sourcing drivers, though... that will
affect my buying decisions in the future!

- Mike