XARGS

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 11 15:48:34 UTC 2006

Steven W. Orr wrote:
> On Thursday, Aug 10th 2006 at 22:57 +0200, quoth eng.waleed:
>
> =>can any one learn me how I can use xargs with ln?
>

> Ah cud larn yah if I knew what you wanted to do. But! On the off chance
> that this might be of use...

It's a little gauche to criticize someone's use of a language
which is likely foreign to him. I'd guess this guy could do
a good job of criticizing your Arabic. I don't know enough
about this guy to know what his native language is, but I do
know that in some languages one *does* "learn" somebody
something.

> find thisdir | cpio -pdvlum thatdir
>
> might do something like what you're looking for...

Nice answer.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.