web server

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Aug 13 12:29:06 UTC 2006

Brian Chadwick wrote:

> just because it hangs doesnt mean it has run out of memory my friend :) ...

Read the above again, my remark was to *also* look in /var/log/messages,
to find out whether the system had errors, instead of just httpd.

/var/log/httpd/error_log may have other relevant information, I agree,
but I didn't really want to state the obvious.

So,

/var/log/httpd/error_log should have information of httpd processes
hanging or httpd processes experiencing errors,

/var/log/messages *may have* additional information of the system itself
getting stuck at something.

Agreed?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen