Latest Seamonkey update

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Aug 14 00:14:52 UTC 2006

Norm wrote:
> Is it just me or are others having problems with Seamonky after the
> update yesterday?
> I had Seamonkey working well in my core 5 installation, since then there
> seems to be no wy to start and run Seamonkey now.  Assuming it was some
> problem I created I reinstalled core 5 and tried it again the problem
> still exists.

I have the problem also. The only remedy that I found was to put SELinux
into permissive mode before launching seamonkey.

There probably is some SELinux incantation which can be applied to
seamonkey either at the packaging level or at the passing on of the
chcon <SELinux incantation>

I had to relabel my system because of some gnome problem where none of
the icons launchers or applets were displayed when gnome launched with
early-login as a boot parameter. Seamonkey quit launching without
putting SELinux into permissive mode before launching the program.

If setting SELinux to permissive mode with setenforce 0 in a root
terminal performed before launching seamonkey allows seamonkey to
launch, I'll file a bug report or you can file a report and  I'll add my
"me too" comment to it. Pass on the bug ticket number if you file the
report.

Jim

--
Don't expect people to keep in step--it's hard enough just staying in line.