Monodevelop et al on FC5

Rob Brown-Bayliss uncertain.genius at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 04:05:32 UTC 2006

On 6/16/06, Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:

> Currently, there is a problem with gtk-2.9 which means monodevelop is
> prone to falling flat on it's face. This is supposed to be fixed in the
> next rawhide release (2.9.3). If you're on FC5, this version will filter
> down to you when it's happy.

Hi Paul, I had another look at monodevelop today, and it's still
crashes when doing things with the gui designer despite my having
installed gtk 2.10 and the latest gtk-sharp2 packages from t he
development branch.  It seems no more stable than then I was using gtk
2.8

Any pointers as to how to get a stable monodevelop on fc5?  Should I
download and buiold all of mono and monodevelop rather than using yum?

Or is the gui designer not ready for use yet?

--
Rob