newcomers

Heikki Pesonen fossiili at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 16:00:58 UTC 2006

Originally Yogesh presented some questions about Panda Antivirus for Linux.
Steven W. Orr answered him by recommending him to read
http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html.

Because I have also installed Panda Antivirus for Linux I answered Yogesh as
well as I could. These my answers have not appeared on this list. Why?

In the same letter I also presented the topic of a list for newbies cited.

On 8/14/06, Lyvim Xaphir <knightmerc at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 12:45 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> > Another issue with having a list especially for newbies is that the list
> > is going to be populated almost entirely by newbies (obviously). Which
> > raises the issue: who will be answering the questions?
>
> That's not as much of a problem as you think it might be.  This approach
> has already been tried by the Mandrake (aka Mandriva now) team and it
> worked just fine.

Before Fedora Core I had Mandriva in my computer and  I also was a member of
Mandriva's newbie-list. It worked fine.