installation of fedora core 4 on a Super Micro H8QCE

Scott scott at r-associates.com
Mon Aug 14 16:30:29 UTC 2006

I have been working on getting Core 4 on to a client's system. I have
installed it successfully a few months ago on the same platform, however;
now I am receiving a bunch of ACPI codes when I attempt to load in either
visualization mode or in text. It is as if the system is not communicating
with the MB properly but I am unsure as to why. I have set up the BIOS as I
did in the previous configuration, loaded the failsafe settings, and the
optimized defaults all resulting in the same issues outlined above. Does
anyone have experience with this particular Super Micro mother board, or
have seen errors like this using other boards? Please, let me know so I can
make the appropriate changes.

Scott Vance

R. Associates

(o) 713-973-1500