kmod-ntfs for 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5 kernel

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 15 17:38:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 13:30 -0400, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> I just did a "yum update" and noticed that the kernel was updated as
> part of the process.  Now, I can no longer access my NTFS formatted
> partition.  I am guessing that that is because the version of
> kmod-ntfs I have installed (probably from back when I first installed
> it a few weeks ago) is release 1.2.6.17_1.2157_FC5.  Is there any way
> to get the _2174_FC5 version?  I am willing to do it myself if anybody
> is willing to teach me to fish.

I just did the same thing with nVidia drivers. The issue is that Liva's
build system is apparently down until further notice. There is no ETA
for it to be back up as of the last time I checked.

That said, you can build your own drivers from the source RPMs on the
Livna site. As I said, this is what I just did for the nVidia drivers.
The instructions for doing this are on the Livna website
(http://rpm.livna.org) and, while they are a bit out of date and fuzzy,
if you read carefully and adapt for what it is you're trying to build,
it does indeed work.

I'll probably try and build updated NTFS drivers later today.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Chris

--