Problem running cdrda0 process

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Tue Aug 15 18:26:36 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 19:35, Bill Colias wrote:
> I think the problem is in the Nautilus File Manager, though I'm not
> certain. How I produce the problem is after inserting a CD to copy, I
> right clicked on the CD image on my desktop and choose Copy Disk.
> Then after I complete the Copy Disc dialog I get the error message.
> This occurs for both a CD to CD copy or creating a file image.
>
> Note that when I installed FD 5, I only chose the Gnome desktop without
> KDE.
>
> -Bill

This is just a thought Bill, but do you have cdrdao installed? To check, do:
rpm -q cdrdao

I know on KDE, installing K3b the CD burning app, there are a load of deps,
but most are installed. The ones that stood out were cdrecord, and cdrdao.

I've just checked out my FC4 install, that doesn't have K3b installed yet, and
to install it, Synaptic is telling me it needs cdrdao as a dep.

Nigel.