Is there an easy way to bring my wifi card at boot / init 3?[Scanned]

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Tue Aug 15 23:36:46 UTC 2006

Chris Bradford wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm using the bcm43xx built-in kernel driver with the firmware from my
> windows driver. It works a treat with Network Manager but I really
> want to have this card brought up automatically at startup. Its a
> desktop that will only ever connect to the network 'linksys' that uses
> wpa-psk encryption if that helps.
>
> Is there a simple, non-interactive way to do this?
>
> Thanks is advance,
>
> -Chris
Trade NetworkManager for network.
ie:
sudo service NetworkManager stop
sudo service NetworkManagerDispatcher stop
sudo chkconfig NetworkManager off
sudo chkconfig NetworkManagerDispatcher off
sudo chkconfig --level 2345 network on

Run system-config-network and set up the wireless card.
Be sure to check the box in the General tab for automatically start
interface upon boot.

sudo service network start

All fixed up.  From now on the wireless card will start up first thing.
ntpd, nfs, and other network services will work on startup now also.

Good luck!