PHP Install

Ryan Ollerenshaw ryanollerenshaw at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 23:39:05 UTC 2006

On 8/15/06, Ryan Ollerenshaw <ryanollerenshaw at gmail.com> wrote:
> When trying to install php either version 4.4.3 or 5.1.4 i get the
> following error after a make install:
>
> chmod 755 /var/www/modules/libphp5.so
> chmod: cannot access `/var/www/modules/libphp5.so': No such file or directory
> apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536
>
> I have seen lots of other people getting this error but never any
> solutions. so any help would be great.

Ok i was able to find the solution in a different thread. for some
reason the php source file: php-4.4.3.tar.gz doest not seem to work
with mapserver and postgreSQL at the same time.  I found this also to
be true with all of the PHP version 5+ sources.  The only source that
seems to work with all the libraries and tools needed for Mapserver is
php-4.4.3.tar.bz2

if anyone has any reasoning as to why that is i would be really
interested in knowing.  Also i am running Fedor Core 5 and Apache 2.2
and i have the same problem on my Suse 10.1 system with Apache 2.2