glx not loading even though the log file shows no errors

Philip Walden pwaldenlinux at pacbell.net
Wed Aug 16 18:00:56 UTC 2006

Ed Greshko wrote:

>Philip Walden wrote:
>

>>I have an old Nvidia TNT2. I use the "nv" xorg driver. Even though I
>>load glx, xdpyinfo and glxgears says its not there.
>>
>>Looking at the log and conf information below and the fact that I have
>>FC4 upgraded from RH9 system, I think that I still have the old
>>libglx.so XFree86 module, instead of the Xorg one. If so, I wonder how
>>this happened and what I should do to correct it?
>>

>Actually, it seems you have the "nvidia" driver installed and are using
>the "nv" driver.
>
>Go to /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions and do "ls -l".  I suspect you
>will see libglx.so is a link to libglx.so.1.0.5336.

Yes I did have the nvidia driver when it was a RH9 system. I presumed
the nvidia driver was removed with the removal of the 2.4.* RH9 kernel.
The libglx.so appears to be a remnant of the RH9 that was left there
when the FC4 upgrade decided that my TNT would not support GLX.

That is why I was asking how to get the real xorg libglx.so