More on duplicate messages,

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 16 22:08:56 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 00:24 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 08:57 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > I commented on duplicate messages, and was told that it was somehow my
> > problem but in looking at it further I find the following contrary
> > information:
> > 1. It only happens on the fedora-list not on any other type of mail or
> > other redhat list mail.
>
> I wonder if your ISP is playing with grey listing, as well as the list,
> and hasn't got it right yet?  Though, bear in mind it could be that
> you're seeing some people send the same message twice.
>
> > 2. It does not happen on all messages but only messages coming from
> > certain posters (e.g, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au>) I know I
> > picked on Tim before and I am sorry.
>
> In the prior message, you did have your own address in the reply-to
> headers as well as the list, so you'd have got two replies to that one,
> for sure.  This message, that I'm replying to, only had the list's, so
> you should just get one from me.

Actually I got you message twice. The travel path was even more amazing.
hormel.redhat.com sent the same message on to two different servers 5
hours apart. I need more data but it looks like the hormel server is the
culprit.
You have a reputation for being thoroughly reliable and trustworthy. A
pity that it's totally undeserved.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net