Fedora Core 5 Issues

Roger roger at wack.co.za
Thu Aug 17 09:42:10 UTC 2006

My friend put up a similar machine and a week later it was giving the same
symptoms as mine, and much as i hate to say it, i have to anyway ...

FC5 is not a production type software, its probably meant for hobbyists or
someone who is experimenting with things that are not mission critical.

I hastily put together a machine and that machine is running FC3 with 768
M of RAM, its been three days but so far it has outscored the bigger 64
bit machine i had and i am considering moving that server to either
FreeBSD or CentOS