The state of NFS4?

Uno Engborg uno at webworks.se
Fri Aug 18 20:53:38 UTC 2006

Anthony Messina wrote:

>>The idmapd.conf:s are identical both on server and client. So the
>>problem seam to be somewhere else.
>>

>i found that on my fedora core servers, i had to restart rpc.idmapd
>after everything else or else no users were reliably mapped.  i inserted
>"service rpcidmapd restart" into my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file and
>restarted.  with that setup, as long as the /etc/idmapd.conf files were
>the same, everything worked well.  this was all for fc4.
>
>i don't need to do any screwing around for fc5.  it works just fine.

Thanks! That seamed to do the trick, at leat in part, as files now get
proper ownerships.

Still no ACLs though. My shared disk have an ext3 filesystem and is
mounted as:
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 on / type ext3 (rw,usrquota,acl,user_xattr)
on the server machine.

Suggestions anyone?
Are ACLs in NFS4 supposed to work in Fedora? If so, in what versions?

Regards
Uno Engborg