command line samba to copy files

Deepak Shrestha d88pak at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 14:36:40 UTC 2006

Hi,

I need some pointers on how to use samba from command line. My
specific problem is like this:

I have been using KDE environment in linux most of the time. In this
GUI, I can use smb:/ then point to the machine then copy to/from files
between the machines. Now I want to know how to do that in command
line. Some help I got after research is to use the "smbclient" command
but when I use
$ smbclient //server/share
I can access that machine and can view the files but how do I copy
some file from there to my home directory or vice versa? I couldn't
find any command like "cp" or "mv" in samba prompt.

Thanks