memory size of a video card

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 20 13:39:17 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 08:33 +0200, joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 11:35 +0200, joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> is there a possibility to find out the memory size of a video card?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Joachim Backes
> > The program ddcprobe will do that.
> >  =======================================================================
> > Now I'm concentrating on a specific tank battle toward the end of World
> > War II!
> > Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net
> >

> Hi Aaaron,
>
> it seems to fail on my machine (having a lcd monitor):
>
> backes at eule [backes]: ddcprobe
>
> Monitor autoprobe results
> Monitor autoprobe failed.
>
> Regards

Well I believe you , but it does not make much sense. On my machine
first the video card is probed, then there is a pause and then the
monitor is probed. So I owuld expect the video card part would succeed
even if the monitor part failed. But I guess the two may be tied
together in some sense.

What is more curioou is that, as someone else noticed, ddcprobe gives a
different answer than lspci.
The main problem I have with cats is, they're not dogs. -- Kevin Cowherd
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net