usb keyboard aargh!

Chong Yu Meng chongym at cymulacrum.net
Sun Aug 20 14:47:42 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 10:35 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Sunday August 20 2006 8:33 am, Tom Horsley wrote:
> > The motherboard BIOS never seems to have a problem seeing the
> > keyboard via the hub so something about the linux usb
> > bootstrapping must have some kind of timing problem.
> > Grrr....

One thing you may want to try: when you boot, go into the BIOS setup and
see if you have an option that says something about "Legacy USB support"
or "USB 1.x support" or something to that effect. I recall that when I
was working with a Fujitsu desktop last year that turning that option on
was the only way to get a USB keyboard recognized on boot. It was not a
Linux only problem -- it affected Windows too.

--
Pascal Chong
email:  chongym at cymulacrum.net
web:    http://cymulacrum.net
pgp:    http://cymulacrum.net/pgp/cymulacrum.asc

"La science ne connaît pas de frontière parce que la connaissance
appartient à l’humanité. et que c’est la flamme qui illumine le monde."

-- Louis Pasteur