FC5 When running XFCE4 Evolution Icons don't work

Ski Dawg fedora at skidawg.org
Mon Aug 21 14:56:00 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 02:56 -0700, Keith wrote:
>  When I run Evolution in XFCE the programs icons do not display
> properly. Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

I run KDE and the icons for evolution don't work either.

I asked about this on the Evolution mail list and was told that I have
to install a bunch of gnome components (basically install gnome, even if
I don't use it) so that the icons within evolution would work again.

With evolution 2.6 (and maybe a little earlier), they changed how the
icons are done. Evolution now relies on the gnome window manager to get
its icons.

So that is another reason I am switching to something else.
--
Doug

Random Thought:
One reason why George Washington