window focus

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 22:29:52 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 13:28 -0700, Mick Mearns wrote:
> Hello;
>   recently I have noticed that my KDE desktop behaviour has changed.
> It used to be that I could click on say firefox then go back to my
> terminal while it was loading.
> Firefox would come up in full screen behind my terminal.
> Now it comes to the foreground.
> This is very "windows" like and annoying.

Do you use Gnome or KDE? I use KDE and digging in the Control Center
there you will find the system defaults for window behavior. I -think-
that Firefox also has a default window behavior setting to be on top,
which you would want to disable. If you upgraded the default behavior
probably got shoehorned  in. Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256