booting from the network

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 22:42:51 UTC 2006

> Jon,
>
> Thanks for the link... It will be a good place to start gathering
> information.  Was hoping that FC5 had the ability within itself!!
>
> Greg

yum install ltsp-utils

then (as root):
ltspadmin

Install the packages, then select configure, then hit 'c' for configure.

You'll need to be running dhcpd, tftp, and nfs - the ltspcfg utility
should take care of the configs for you.  You'll also need a floppy
for the workstation to boot from - that can be generated at
rom-o-matic.net, or you can download the program yourself and generate
then yourself.

I've been running ltsp for years now - using "garbage" as workstations
gives me some type of perverse pleasure...

HTH,
Chris