A basic 'newbie' question

Keith Powell keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk
Mon Aug 21 18:31:52 UTC 2006

On Monday 21 August 2006 6:51 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 21 August 2006 18:41, Robin Laing wrote:
> > Some magazines come with full installations.
>
> One thing to note, though.  Sometimes the magazine disks are not
> the official release.  I think it was Mandriva 2006 where the
> magazine DVD was actually a very late 'cooker' snapshot.

Agreed.

I tried SUSE10.1 from a magazine cover DVD. It was a special 'demo
version', not even the download version.

I can't find any of our current magazines which has it as a cover DVD
this month.

Thanks to all for your various suggestions.

Robin, my broadband speed is OK, but I am capped as to how much I can
download each month.

Keith