Crappy HDDs Killing Computers

Marc linuxr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 16:48:41 UTC 2006

Uh, Seagate just bought Maxtor, fyi.

I have had a lot of trouble with shuttle machines and seagate drives that
get hot and BURN UP due to bad design of the case which doesn't dissipate
heat.  It only happens with the second drive installed.  I have replaced
some seagates with Maxtor drives and I have not had the problem.  I am
convinced that it is not a 'bad batch' of drives since the machines were
bought over a time period of about a year.

That's my hard drive story of the day.

Marc