Quick Time movies - how to edit?

Heikki Pesonen fossiili at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 06:32:29 UTC 2006

On 8/23/06, Chris Mohler <cr33dog at gmail.com> wrote:

> One editing program out there is "Avidemux".  I successfully
> downloaded and compiled it (on FC5).  Had to install a lot of devel
> packages to get it to handle the many different formats out there.
> Still trying it out, but it seems to be a (very) basic editor - cut,
> paste, import/export, etc - but no star-wipes or special effects.
>
> If anyone is interested, I built a RPM from the tarball but I must
> *stress* the fact that this is the first RPM I have ever built from
> source, and had to tweak the tarball to do so.

Thank you! I have had Fedora Core 5 installed about 3-4 months. Untille
recently I have not succeeded in doing anything else than Internet tasks. I
have tryed to install many programs but even with the good advice I received
from the Fedora community, always something was lacking in my Fedora distro
from Linux Format DVD. And I found it too difficult or time consuming to
continue the mini project. Especially becouse my reliable WindowsXP works
well and I get things done there (the editing of Quick Time movies beeing
the only exception). Even installing
perl-Video-DVDRip-0.97.12-1.fc5.x86_64I did not succeed to the end,
but in Windows it works well.

But now at last your avidemux2-2.1.2-7.i386.rpm installed well without
complaying anything! I continue running it a bit later!