ntfs support in fc5

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Aug 24 16:26:39 UTC 2006

Brad Bonkoski wrote:
> Maybe the article was right...
>
> [root at xxx ]# yum install kmod-ntfs
> Setting up Install Process
> Setting up repositories
> core                                                                 [1/3]
> updates                                                              [2/3]
> extras                                                               [3/3]
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Parsing package install arguments
> No Match for argument: kmod-ntfs
> Nothing to do

You appear to have skipped step 1 from the instructions:

   Make sure that you're using my yum configuration from the installing
   software question

The NTFS (and MP3 etc.) support available on the Net is not from the
Fedora Project itself but from third parties. So it is true to say that
the Fedora Project does not support NTFS etc. but that does not mean
that Fedora users cannot have NTFS support at all.

Paul.