removing old Kernels

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Aug 24 22:05:53 UTC 2006

Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
> Greetings Brian ,
>
> Brian Chadwick wrote:
>> rpm -e kernel-version
>>
>> you can get a list of kernels and their versions installed with "rpm
>> -q kernel"
>>
>> instaed of doing "rpm -e kernel" ... you must append the version to
>> the kernel name ...
>>
>> dont just go deleting files...use rpm
> I would gladly use rpm Brian , but answer for me please this question .
>
> If i had manually installed the kernel ( you know the manual way with
> make menuconfig ....)
> how am i going to use rpm  ?
> What is the correct parameter to give to rpm -e ?
>

> Kostas

Is it possible to run make rpm and get a compiled version of the kernel?
I have not compiled a kernel in awhile. I seem to recall doing this on
the vanilla kernel source.
After you compile the rpm, you could remove it with the usual rpm -e
<kernel-custom> command.

You could try make rpm.

Jim

--
"What are we going to do tonight, Bill?"
"Same thing we do every night Steve, try to take over the world!"