Samba, SELinux, Printing problem

Brian Chadwick brianchad at westnet.com.au
Fri Aug 25 03:37:44 UTC 2006

hi all,

Having had a great time with Fedora FC5, I decided it was time I got to
know something about this SELinux stuff. So I did a clean install of
FC5, completely updated it and proceeded to try and get Samba going to
dole out services to my windoze machines.

I had a problem in that home directories were not accessible (permission
denied) from the windoze boxen. I did a little playing with the FC5
security configurator and discovered a boolean to enable samba to access
home directories, and then made that permanent using setsebool.

Now it comes to printing. I have tried every conceivable combination of
samba settings to no avail..windoze boxen cannot print to the smb printer.

I suspect that SELinux policies are somehow constraining this in much
the same way as the problem I had with accessing home directories.

Am I on the right track?.....point me in the right direction please :)

Cheers and Beers