Samba, SELinux, Printing problem

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Fri Aug 25 05:11:42 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 14:23 +1000, Brian Chadwick wrote:
<snip>
> Here are the relvant entries in smb.conf
>
>  load printers = yes
> cups options = raw
> [printers]
>    comment = All Printers
>    path = /usr/spool/samba
>    browseable = no
> # Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
>    guest ok = yes
>    writable = no
>    printable = yes
>

> The above is an excerpt from the unadulterated smb.conf installed by fedora.
>

> If it is not SELinux doing something, then why does this cofigration
> work perfectly when FC5 is setup without SELinux?

Are you sure it worked without SELinux turned on?

Anyway, for me it boiled down to correcting the above "path" line.  One
of the updates changed it from /var to /usr....  Try changing that back
to /var and restart Samba.  That took care of it for me....

Check out the samba log files under /var/log/samba....

--Rob