Copy a CD with cdrecord and a single burner

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Fri Aug 25 22:55:56 UTC 2006

Around 11:38pm on Friday, August 25, 2006 (UK time), Paul Smith scrawled:

> Does somebody know how to copy a CD to another one with only one
> burner and using the command line, say, cdrecord?

Its a long time since I have done it, but this used to work.  Find the
bus, id, lun that make up the scsi address of your cd writer, enter:
	cdrecord -scanbus

To extract the data and toc from the cd, enter:
	cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --datafile foo.bin --device 1,0,0 --driver generic-mmc-raw foo.toc
where 1,0,0 are the bus, id and lun.

To write the extracted data to a cd, enter:
	cdrdao write --eject --speed 4 --device 1,0,0 --driver generic-mmc foo.toc

Steve

--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?

 23:53:58 up 7 days,  1:20,  1 user,  load average: 0.06, 0.03, 0.00