Find every instance of hostname

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 26 14:11:06 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-08-26 at 07:48 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I have a small problem on my laptop which springs from the sender of an email
> being set as logwatch.localhost.localdomain.  I have so far been unable to
> find which config file needs editing to get the correct hostname, so I'd like
> to be able to search this box, where everything is fine, for config files
> that contain the box's hostname.  I could then check the list against the ones
> on the laptop.
>
> It should be simple enough to do using find and grep, but I can't get a
> command that gives me the output I need.  How can I do it?
>
> Anne

But to fix the original problem takes changing the argument of the
macro in sendmail.cf  which can be done by editing the :

MASQUERADE_AS(`trinity.edu')dnl
line in the sendmail.mc
and then running: make -C
in the /etc/mail directory.
If only you knew she loved you, you could face the uncertainty of
whether you love her.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net