Find every instance of hostname

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Sat Aug 26 21:18:56 UTC 2006

Greetings Anne,

Anne Wilson wrote:
> I have a small problem on my laptop which springs from the sender of an email
> being set as logwatch.localhost.localdomain.

Sounds like logwatch . In which case, well it might save you sometime if
your go /etc/logwatch/conf/logwatch.conf

The above named file is supposed to hold the local configuration of
logwatch. You mind find something useful there .
Or even in the logwatch manpage there is :

> --hostname hostname
>               Use hostname for the reports instead of this  system’s  hostname.   In  addition,  if
>               HostLimit  is  set  in  the  logwatch.conf  configuration file (see MORE INFORMATION,
>               below), then only logs from this hostname will be processed (where appropriate).

The text above is a part from the manpage , that says something about
hostname , probably it could be of use .

> logwatch-7.2.1-1.fc4

Kostas