Printing from Gimp -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Aug 27 22:19:46 UTC 2006

Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> Kam Leo wrote:

>>> yum install gimp-print
>>>
>>            *I have done all the things suggested, google, file - print,
>>            and installed gimp-print [via yum I believe!]   I still have
>>            no print function. I even checked the CUPS drivers to see if
>>            Gimp-Print appeared there, it doesn't. It seems to me that
>>            this was not a problem a year ago but I have been annoyed by
>>            it for past several months?*
>>
>>            *Thanks for the suggestions but they don't solve the
>> problem.*
>
> Try: rpm -qa|grep gimp to see if you have what you need. On my FC5 I get:
>
> gimp-print-4.2.7-16
> gimp-help-2-0.1.0.10.0.fc5.1
> gimp-2.2.12-3.fc5
> gimp-data-extras-2.0.1-1.1
> gimp-print-utils-4.2.7-16
> xsane-gimp-0.99-2.2.fc5.4
> gimp-libs-2.2.12-3.fc5
> gimp-print-plugin-4.2.7-16
>
> And I have never had problems printing from gimp.

You have two files I don't have!

rpm -qa|grep gimp
gimp-2.2.12-3.fc5
gimp-print-utils-4.2.7-16
gimp-help-2-0.1.0.10.0.fc5.1
gimp-print-4.2.7-16
xsane-gimp-0.99-2.2.fc5.4
gimp-libs-2.2.12-3.fc5

Data-extras  and plugin ...

I will investigate that.

Also the google reference given earlier lead me to something
about drivers in "gutenprint" which I obtained but have not
yet done the make-install.  The rest of it seemed to compile
but I would rather install from rpm.

Thank you for the help.

BobG