vi editor

David C. Chipman dchipman at ican.net
Mon Aug 28 03:56:39 UTC 2006

	Hi Kevac,

> I don't like it because it is X application. I cannot use it without X
> loaded.

		What's wrong with having X loaded? I assumed you were
using a desktop/workstation, not a remote server in my response to you.
If you want to use the mouse, you have to use X. You don't need a
bloated  Desktop Environment, just a nice and slim display manager. vi
uses ncurses, but I doubt it uses the (meager) mouse support in ncurses
(IIRC, ncurses mouse support is not portable anyhow). Sorry, Kevac,

			-David Chipman