turning on the wireless card

Barry Tepperman pogofenokee at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 28 10:55:56 UTC 2006

The hard disk crashed on my Dell Inspiron 6000 and after replacing it
I've installed JUST FC5 - NO  Windows. Have followed all the steps to
download and install all the drivers and firmware I need to get my
builtin wireless (Intel Pro Wireless 2200) working - and Network Control
panel tells me everything is in place. But... when I go to activate the
card it can't be found and I get an error message asking me if the cable
is connected. I have read elsewhere that one bug in FC5 on this machine
is that it doesn't switch the wireless card on and that the fix is to go
back into Windows and switch it on there. Well, folks, I don't have
Windows and really don't want to install it just for that. Any
suggestions about how to switch it on within FC5?

Barry Tepperman