What is the language "British"?

alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon Aug 28 18:20:47 UTC 2006

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I was installing FC-5 yesterday,
> and I noticed that when asked to choose my language,
> I was given an extensive list which included "British" but not "English".
>
> I never heard this language described as "British" before.

What is defined as "English" now should be defined as "American".

The reason there is a difference is due to spelling.  (And the English
have bigger pints.)

--
"Oh, Joel Miller, you've just found the marble in the oatmeal. You're a
lucky, lucky, lucky little boy. 'Cause you know why? You get to drink