MSI K9NGM2-FID Kernal won't boot after upgrade to 2174

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 16:21:46 UTC 2006

I am using fc5 on a brand new MSI MSI K9NGM2-FID AM2 pc, I have installed
the x_64 vers and the installation went smoothly.  However, once I booted
and performed a yum upgrade, the latest kernel (2.6 2174) will not boot, I
get the following error:

pci:bios bug;mmcfgarea at e0000000 is not e820-reserved

pci:not using mmconfig

This happens shortly after selecting in grub and the system just hangs.  I
can however boot the orginal kernel 2.6.15 and I don't receive these
messages.  Since this is a new board MSI doesn't have a newer bios to test,
has anyone seen this?  Is there a workaround?  Thanks.