repost creating ext2

david cooke dcooke at efn.org
Tue Aug 29 21:04:58 UTC 2006

Message: 17
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:26:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: "david  c cooke" <dcooke at efn.org>
Subject: requesting help creating ext2 file
To: fedora-list at redhat.com

Have existing HDD with old Fedora operating system
that I made USB external for data backups.

If I have it on at boot time with the new FC5 machine,
it can't handle and hangs the process.  I can't see it
after boot.

Can I make an entry to /etc/fstab, like hdb or hdb2, to get the drive  in
rw mode?  Probably format then partition the beast before installing a
filing system, whatever type you think is best suited?

Thanks,
David

Just a follow-up-
As most at the forum can already tell, I am now learning new software and
so any kind of information concerning commands and procedures that should
relate to /etc/fstab or other files that I can edit, I must be able to
read the drive first?

Also, I have been looking at the GUI User Mount Tool if I can use this
just as easily or in addition to the command line.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.